Visiting your dentist is a big part of your dental health and it’s important to know when you should be visiting them. Dr. Jordan Harper and Dr. Ralf Zapata at Niceville Family Dental in Niceville, FL, can explain when it’s time to visit your dentist and how it can keep your smile strong and healthy.
Five Signs That You Should Visit Your Dentist
- You’re experiencing tooth pain. Tooth pain isn’t something that you should ever ignore. When you’re experiencing tooth pain, there’s a chance that it could be a sign of something severe and you should visit your dentist in Niceville, FL, as soon as possible. Tooth pain can be more easily treated at an earlier stage, which is why you should never put off visiting your dentist.
- You have a small chip or crack in your smile. Chips and cracks can lead to more severe issues because they can open your tooth to bacteria and infection. When you crack your smile, you should visit your dentist to seal your tooth off from bacteria getting into your gums.
- You’ve noticed that your gums are bleeding from brushing or flossing. Bleeding gums are a sign of gum disease and can cause decay to happen in your mouth. You should visit your dentist for treatment to keep your gums healthy, and in turn, keep your smile healthy.
- You want to fix any of the imperfections in your smile. When you feel nervous about showing off your smile due to any flaws or imperfections, know that there’s probably a cosmetic dentistry solution out there for you. Your dentist can help you identify any of your problem areas and will help you decide what procedure can give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
- It’s time for your normal checkup. You should never skip a regular checkup! Checkups keep your smile healthy by removing any built-up plaque in your smile and giving your dentist a chance to keep an eye out for any issues that may be developing in your smile.
Visit Your Dentist Today!
Don’t put off visiting your dentist! Be sure to contact Dr. Harper and Dr. Zapata at Niceville Family Dental in Niceville, FL, today at (850) 729-1223 to schedule your next appointment!